What can I tell you about myself?
Marketing is like a disease to me – I am almost always thinking about it
in one way or another. For example; a member of my family will comment that the
commercial they just watched was a great commercial. I always ask them what brand
was being advertised and most of the time they cannot remember. The commercial
was entertaining, but not effective; therefore it wasn’t a good commercial.
I also subject my family members to
who was that marketed to? Where we pick out which segment of the
population was meant to purchase the
product in the ad or commercial. I just can’t help myself!
I was a music major in High school, and went to the State University of New
York at Potsdam where I studied Fine Arts with a concentration in Print Making.
After Potsdam I found out that Fine Arts was not a really easy field to find
a “real job” In so I went back to school at Fulton Montgomery
Community College and earned a degree in graphic design.
A few years later I found myself working in a engineering department for a
local manufacturer. There we discovered my skills and I ended up the marketing
coordinator. Where I had the pleasure of coordinating:
- Point of purchase creation and implementation
(new look, consistent branding)
- Copy writing
- Photography (digital, 35mm, Hasselblad)
- Image Coordination
- Catalog Planning and production
- Merchandizing design and implementation
- Advertising (Our message,
ad design and purchasing)
- Press Releases
- New Products (creating, marketing, packaging, promotion,
- Market Research
- Marketing Strategy
- New Programs (ask about the boat cover and 5
star dealer programs)
- Trade Show booth design
- Trade Show Coordination
- Newsletter creation and Maintenance
- Internet (creation, design,
message, strategy, implementation, management)
- Managing the Print
- Scheduling Print Production
- Promotional Items (design and purchasing)
- Managing Independent Teams
of sales reps nationally
- Travel to customers Nationally
- Branding Campaigns
I enjoyed this job very much. I especially
loved the challenges of finding out why aproduct wasn’t selling
or what was wrong with a program.. Identifying the problem
and turning a failing
product into a nationally discussed successful
program was most gratifying!
I have now ventured out on my own and am bringing my talents to you.
I want to help you promote your business, get more customers and
make more money!